Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday to US!


Stefanos and I celebrated our birthdays together on Friday.
Our birthdays are only 5 days apart, so we usually throw some kind of dinner party at the house.
This year, with Carnival so close, we had a carnival-theme birthday.



Red bell pepper hummus, Stuffed mushrooms, Shrimp pasta salad, Potato salad, Tuna roll bake, Galbi (traditioal korean meat), California roll, Avocado-Salmon salad, Devilled-eggs, green salad with bacon, some breadsticks rolled in melted chocolate and crushed peanuts.
Let me know if you want me to post a recipe for any of them!




I love to cook, and I love sharing it with the people that I care about.
It was such a fun evening, surrounded with friends who mean so much to us.



Each guests received "fun bags" when they came in, and one of the lucky bag holders received a prize.
Second prize went to a person seated in a "lucky chair" (I taped something under the chair).
Third prize to who can "blow the fastest" balloon blowing contest.
Forth one was inside the cake,
and of course Fifth prize to the best costume.


It was an evening filled with laughter and love.

I feel so lucky to surround myself with such wonderful friends, and my love.


Birthdays reminds me to reflect on the year that passed.
I reflect on the choices that I've made, the paths that I've chosen.
The good and bad things I've experienced, and the things I've learned from them.
Turning a year older allows me to set new goals, and hope for the future.


I'm excited about what this year will bring, the people that I will meet, and the new experiences that I will feel.

I'm grateful for everything that I have.

No comments: